Saturday, January 07, 2006

Ugly Belly Button

My break is almost over. I return to school the day after tomorrow, and I work for six hours tomorrow. Which doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but then I have to drive home the next day, and The Brothers will be at school then and The Parents both work early, so it will be kind of a lonely send-off, and I just want to spend as much time at home with my family as possible.

Yesterday, this didn't bother me. Yesterday I was okay with break being nearly over. Yesterday I was a little sad about it, and a little looking forward to it. Yesterday was a long time ago.

Today I'm a little freaky-outy about it. Freaky-outy sounds like an ugly belly button. I feel like I wasted all the time I had to spend with my family. I feel like Easter Break is a long time away from now. I feel like I'm a little frantic. I feel like a natural woman.

I like school. I like my roommate. I like my major. I will probably like my classes next semester. (Okay, the math class is a little iffy. So is the history class, actually.) I like Orange City. I like being around people. I even like the dorms. But telling myself these things doesn't really help much. Because deep down, I still really need my mommy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I found you! Hope you're break was fantastic, m'dear and I'll see you soon.

Rachel

1/08/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

I like my roommate, too!

1/12/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home