Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I-80: Home of Cars

(This title, by the way, is shameless plagiarism from the title of one of Tracey's blogs. Only now it's not, because I gave credit where credit was due. Dang it. I just DK'd at plagiarizing. And that's kind of sad.)

I got back last night from my little excursion to Marly's house and Cynthia's house, and now I'm going to tell you about it. Because I want to. And it's my blog, so there. Anyway, it was sooo good to see everyone. I wrote last time about my little fishing adventure at Marly's house. Well, that set the tone for the rest of the weekend. Tres fun. (For those of you who don't speak French, or who can't recognize it without the proper accent that I don't know how to do on the computer, 'tres' means very.) The little retirement party for Bonnie was great, although sad at times, and it was wonderful to see her and everyone else I've been missing.

And the drive there from Marly's house was very fun. I'd never driven on I-80 before, and I wasn't used to there being other cars on the road. There usually aren't that many on the little two-lane highways I drive on in rural Iowa. So I got to pass people, and be passed, and change lanes all the time...and it was really fun. Of course, that was only a two hour trip. When I was coming back, I was on I-80 for almost four hours. Then it wasn't quite so amusing.

The bonfire at Cynthia's house was lovely, and we went shopping on Monday, and that was also quite agreeable. I've decided I must find a good job so that I can afford to go to both Drama Day Camps this summer. Because I love those people. And it costs almost $50 just in gas to drive there and back, and I'm broke. So my fingers are crossed. We'll see.

So, this blog was going to be a lot more interesting when I started it, but I see I've DK'd in that endeavor as well. It seems as though I'm starting a sinister pattern for the day. Although, conceivably, it might make it more interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beloved Meadow said...

I love you. You're so cool!!!!

6/01/2005 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home