Saturday, May 06, 2006

Tuesdays Are Hungry

Going through my notes, studying for my math final next week, I came across yet another example of abused creativity. Yep, more haikus. Math class haikus, actually. To get the full flavor of the following selection, you must understand that Tracey's and my Tuesday schedule does not include a lunch break, and we have math from 1:45 to 3:00. So sometimes these things happen...

Tuesdays Are Hungry

Tuesdays are hungry
Classes eat up all my lunch
And digest my soul.

My soul is swimming
In the belly of math class
And it's gross in there.

My soul now smells like
Half-digested interest rates
Compounded monthly.

Sometimes my haikus
Don't make sense when I don't eat
Or sleep very much.

How about that, eh? The next one's a quickie, inspired by my lunch plans that would commence at exactly...

3:01

Subway will feel good
Good on my empty stomach
But better in it.

Gosh, if I take many more classes, I could publish a book!

Yeah, for people who don't speak English, maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home